Tuesday 31 July 2012

A England- The Mythicals Haul

I finally got around to getting myself some of the A England polishes. The 4 day sale at £5 each helped to make my mind up as well of course ;3 These colours are not only beautiful but the names and stories behind each are what really drew me in, I love all that stuff so I had to grab them. I didn't get all the Mythicals I wanted.. had to show some restraint didn't I? ;3 Poor Lancelot and Perceval will make it a long shortly. I can't wait to get some of the Legends in too.

So which who did I get? Lets start the pics and swatches to follow a long shortly, it's very hard deciding which to wear!

Galahad -The Pure Knight
(Son of Lancelot) the achiever of the holy grail. Renowed for his gallantry and purity is considered the most perfect knight in the world.

Galahad was one of my favourite A Englands, the reason I wanted to buy some in the first place. A beautiful turquoise blue, it just reminds me of blue waters and summer skies plus I just love blue polishes, can't have enough.

Guinevere- The Queen
The most beautiful and desirable lady in Britan. Spouse of King Arthur and involved in a passionate affair with young Lancelot which is one of the most celebrated legendary love triangle.

Guinevere is the most beautiful dusty mauve colour, I am interested to see how this compares to Barry M Berry Ice Cream. I will do a post on that soon as well.



Isuelt- The Fair Lady
The legendary beautiful princess forever linked to Tristam after they mistakenly drank a love potion that left them eternally in love with each other in a powerful romance and tragedy.

Iseult is a very pale pink but with a lovely shimmer running through. I don't own any really pale shades so i'm looking forward to trying this one out.


Tristam- The Courteous Knight
The symbol of the knightly virtue, and romantic love. When Tristam and Iseult accidentally consume a love potion, fall helplessly in love. Despite facing numerous trials to test their secret affair their love was never known to fade.

Tristam is a beautiful deep blue and it's holo!! I think I have quite a few blues by now ;3


Lady of the Lake - The Iconic Hand With Sword
(Foster mother of Lancelot) a woman of great magical power. She resided in the murky water of a lake, an otherworld. She presented the mythical sword Excalibur to King Arthur with her hand emerging from the water.

Lady of the Lake is a gorgeous purple and another of the Mythicals holo effects. I had a terrible time choosing between Lady of the Lake and Tristam to order, I went for Lady of the Lake... I ended up ordering Tristam before the sale ended anyway, a wise investment in my opinion!


Morgan Le Fay- The Enchantress
Half sister of Arthur, sorceresss and healer, she is one of the women who takes the injured Arthur in a barge to Avalon to be healed.

Morgan Le Fay will make a pretty layering polish, can't wait to test this over the likes of Galahad, Guinevere and Isuelt.


Enjoy! x


No comments:

Post a Comment